Mitti Insurance is a joint venture between SafetyCulture and QBE Insurance. This joint venture brings more value to the customer than a traditional insurer-customer relationship as it aims to improve the quality of their risk management and aligning the use of the SafetyCulture products to insurance needs.
It pays to be a step ahead. Astronaut Chris Hadfield once said, “No astronaut ever goes into space with their fingers crossed.”
Well, we share the same philosophy for those going into business. Always be prepared for whatever is coming your way. Our customers have worked hard to let one unfortunate mistake bring their business down.
So, we’ll work just as hard (and smart) to help mitigate risks for our customers. But we don’t stop there. If something should happen, we’ll be there to deal with the claim quickly.
Our customers don’t want to trust their pride and joy to someone who doesn’t care.
We live by the motto ‘Foresight is better than hindsight’ and we’re looking ahead and thinking ahead to keep our customers and their businesses – a step ahead.
What you will be doing
- Underwrite risks in accordance with defined limits of authority, organisational policy and underwriting standards
- Monitor and review underwriting standards, procedures and variations from proposal standards
- Underwriting activities in compliance with business and regulatory requirements
- Responding to queries in a timely and professional manner in line with agreed service standards.
- Providing exceptional service to our customers through various mediums
- Compliance requirements and individual accreditation levels are maintained
- Ability to develop and maintain long term relationships.
- Coordinate and provide guidance and support to policyholders;
- Provide relevant feedback to internal and external stakeholders
- Assisting other areas of the business unit to achieve agreed targets
- The role is not authorised to provide personal financial product advice in respect of General Insurance products.
As an Assistant Underwriter at Mitti, you’ll be reporting to Head of Sales & Underwriting.
Who you are
- You are a Team Player - you work effectively with cross-functional teams and can manage tasks and interests from many stakeholder groups
- You have the motivation to expand, learn and grow with a high performing team
- You are comfortable with multi-tasking in a deadline-driven environment.
- You are proactive, collaborative, and resilient.
- You can contribute to a culture of continuous improvement.
- You are able to encourage and promote knowledge sharing and learning.
What we bring
We embrace open communication and challenge. We appreciate positivity and vigilance and strive for autonomy, trust, and personal and professional growth.
We appreciate hard-working people who want to grow and learn as part of a team.
We hold each other accountable and work to a high standard. We take pride in the frequent, safe and graceful delivery of innovative and valuable features.
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive Salary, Equity options
- Opportunity to work with leading developers in one of the fastest-growing tech companies.
- Professional education leave & allowance benefits for use on courses, conferences, workshops, books etc.
- Sponsored team events
- Flexible hours, we value life outside of work.
- Option to be Partial or Fully Remote
- Office space in a leading tech company with lunch supplied and end of trip facilities.
If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Please email your resume to email@example.com
Subscribe to receive exclusive offers in your inbox
Mitti Insurance Pty Ltd (Mitti) (ABN 56 640 574 385, AFSL 528433)
Mitti Insurance Pty Ltd is a related entity of QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited.