At Mitti, we’re on a mission to disrupt the insurance industry. We’re creating unique experiences for our customers by utilising tech, data and innovation. As a joint venture between SafetyCulture and QBE insurance, we’re on an exciting journey to transform the traditional insurer-customer experience.
We're seeking a Data Scientist to join our team and help us create and curate the right product offerings for our customers, based on a variety of data sets and inputs. A self-starter with initiative and a customer-first mindset, you'll surface the right trends, insights and patterns to help us understand risk at a deeper level.
The Tech Stack
Our data and services are fully hosted on AWS. You will be working with a variety of tools and will have the opportunity to guide and shape the tools that will be used in the future. Currently, in data science, we are using a variety of cutting-edge technologies, specifically AWS Sagemaker, Spark (AWS EMR), AWS S3, AWS DataPipeline, SQL & NoSQL Databases.
- 1+ Years as a Data Scientist
- Bachelor degree or above in a relevant field i.e.Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering)
- Experience in either Python or R
- SQL - Advanced
- Experience in a complex environment managing multiple data feeds.
- In-depth understanding of key statistical and machine learning concepts
- Exposure to Hadoop and/or Spark
- Excellent communication and ability to present and handle pushback from the business
- Strong business acumen
- Experience in developing AI/ML services and/or POC experience with AI/ML concepts
- A great team player
- Experience with a cloud platform e.g. AWS / GCP / Azure
- Experience with version control and command-line interface
- Natural Language processing experience
- Data Engineering Background
- Post Graduate degree in a relevant field i.e. Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering
What we bring
We embrace open communication and challenge. We appreciate positivity and vigilance and strive for autonomy, trust, and personal and professional growth.
We appreciate hard-working people who want to grow and learn as part of a team.
We hold each other accountable and work to a high standard. We take pride in the frequent, safe and graceful delivery of innovative and valuable features.
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive Salary, Equity options
- Opportunity to work with leading developers in one of the fastest-growing tech companies.
- Professional education leave & allowance benefits for use on courses, conferences, workshops, books etc.
- Sponsored team events
- Flexible hours, we value life outside of work.
- Option to be Partial or Fully Remote
- Office space in a leading tech company with lunch supplied and end of trip facilities.
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email us at email@example.com. Be sure to:
- Include the role's title in your subject line.
- Tell us a bit about you!
- Send along any links and material you're comfortable with to best showcase the relevant things you've worked on, contributed to, etc.
Subscribe to receive exclusive offers in your inbox
Mitti Insurance Pty Ltd (Mitti) (ABN 56 640 574 385, AFSL 528433)
Mitti Insurance Pty Ltd is a related entity of QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited.