What you will be doing
- Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly assess their viability, and design the fine-grained details of components, interactions and transitions
- Work through design problems from beginning to end, translating insights from research and analytics into concepts that form disruptive new products and features, and designing the detailed workflows and interactions required to make them a reality.
- Work in a team with a product manager, engineers, and also work directly with research and analytics. Together we own a part of Mitti, ship solutions to challenging problems, get feedback directly from customers and iterate again (yes, we make time to iterate and evolve our offerings).
- Partner with product manager and founders to define and evolve product roadmaps.
- Work closely with engineers as you build, iterate on, and ship ideas.
What You Bring
You’ll be involved in defining how things work, what they do, and why we do that instead of something else. We expect you to share your knowledge and expertise with everyone else on the team:
- Previous experience in a role wherein you refined product goals and iterated them into scaled software. You understand that what you design needs to empower and engage the customer, the person.
- You know how to prioritise when to collaborate and ask for help, and when to be independent.
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship and evolve products that solve real problems, and that people use.
- An appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem-solving and system modelling, through to detailed UI, visual, and interaction design.
- Motivated self-starter who can deeply collaborate with other disciplines including product management, engineering, and analytics.
- Strong communication skills to help people across the company understand the rationale behind your proposals, and the complex nuances of design problems.
- Ability to design polished, high-fidelity mockups of your solutions using design tools such as Figma and Sketch.
- Experience with responsive UIs and have a mobile-first approach
- An interest in data visualisation
- A scientific approach to research, both qualitative and quantitative i.e. defining a hypothesis, understanding of the results metrics, confidence, success/failure/uncertainty and able to design an experiment plan.
- An interest in accessible designs
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems (Prismic, WordPress)
- Experience working with project management tools such as Jira
What We Bring
We embrace open communication and challenge. We appreciate positivity and vigilance and strive for autonomy, trust, and personal and professional growth.
We appreciate hard-working people who want to grow and learn as part of a team.
We hold each other accountable and work to a high standard. We take pride in the frequent, safe and graceful delivery of innovative and valuable features.
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive salary including equity options
- Opportunity to work with one of the fastest-growing tech companies.
- Professional education leave & allowance benefits for use on courses, conferences, workshops, books etc.
- Sponsored team events every quarter.
- Flexible hours, we value life outside of work.
- Option to be Partial or Fully Remote
- Office space in a leading tech company with lunch supplied and end of trip facilities.
- Macbooks are our default but we will help you get the tools that will make you the most productive and enjoy your work.
If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Please email your resume and portfolio details to email@example.com
Subscribe to receive exclusive offers in your inbox
Mitti Insurance Pty Ltd (Mitti) (ABN 56 640 574 385, AR 001282637) is an Authorised Representative of QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited (QBE) (ABN 78 003 191 035 AFSL 239545).
Mitti Insurance Pty Ltd is a related body corporate of QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited and SafetyCulture Insurance Pty Ltd (ACN 640 745 893)
QBE are a public listed company and listed on the Australian Stock Exchange.