Front End React Developer
What you will be doing
- You will be working with a newly formed in-house development team, where you will be our first front end specialist. Mitti has 2 products and a marketing website that you help build and improve upon.
- Interacting with our back end code (Node.js) from time to time, familiar with server-side rendering and connecting with external API’s.
- Participating in design and code reviews
- Help to identify and communicate standard practices and methodologies for frontend engineering
- Partnering with integration partners and agency development teams.
- Pairing with Designer and Product Manager to build out functioning prototypes for research and experimentation.
What You Bring
We expect our developers to contribute more than just code. You’ll be involved in defining how things work, what they do, and why we do that instead of something else. We also expect you to share your knowledge and expertise with everyone else on the team:
- Previous experience in a role wherein you collaborated on product goals and iterated them into scaled software. You understand that what you build needs to empower and engage the customer, the person.
- You know how to prioritise when to collaborate and ask for help, and when to be independent.
- Written and spoken communication skills. You work well with others and can craft concise and expressive thoughts into correspondence: issues, investigations, and documentation.
- An interest in learning new tools, languages, workflows and philosophies that can help you grow. You can function well in an environment that drives towards change.
- React.js Frameworks such as Gatsby.js and Next.js
- Web services and APIs (GraphQL, REST)
- Cross-browser and cross-device development
- Experience with responsive UIs
- Experience with Product Managers and Designers
- Experience with version control and CI/CD tools (ie. GitHub, Buildkite, Amplify)
- Experience with SVGs
- An interest in data visualisation
- An interest in interaction design
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems (Prismic, WordPress)
- Experience working with project management tools such as Jira
What We Bring
We embrace open communication and challenge. We appreciate positivity and vigilance and strive for autonomy, trust, and personal and professional growth.
We appreciate hard-working people who want to grow and learn as part of a team.
We hold each other accountable and work to a high standard. We take pride in the frequent, safe and graceful delivery of innovative and valuable features.
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive Salary, Equity options
- Opportunity to work with leading developers in one of the fastest-growing tech companies.
- Professional education leave & allowance benefits for use on courses, conferences, workshops, books etc.
- Sponsored team events
- Flexible hours, we value life outside of work.
- Option to be Partial or Fully Remote
- Office space in a leading tech company with lunch supplied and end of trip facilities.
If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Please email your resume and portfolio details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to receive exclusive offers in your inbox
Mitti Insurance Pty Ltd (Mitti) (ABN 56 640 574 385, AR 001282637) is an Authorised Representative of QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited (QBE) (ABN 78 003 191 035 AFSL 239545).
Mitti Insurance Pty Ltd is a related body corporate of QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited and SafetyCulture Insurance Pty Ltd (ACN 640 745 893)
QBE are a public listed company and listed on the Australian Stock Exchange.