Mitti Insurance is a joint venture between SafetyCulture and QBE Insurance. This joint venture brings more value to the customer than a traditional insurer-customer relationship as it aims to improve the quality of their risk management and aligning the use of the SafetyCulture products to insurance needs.
It pays to be a step ahead. Astronaut Chris Hadfield once said, “No astronaut ever goes into space with their fingers crossed.”
Well, we share the same philosophy for those going into business. Always be prepared for whatever is coming your way. Our customers have worked hard to let one unfortunate mistake bring their business down.
So, we’ll work just as hard (and smart) to help mitigate risks for our customers. But we don’t stop there. If something should happen, we’ll be there to deal with the claim quickly.
Our customers don’t want to trust their pride and joy to someone who doesn’t care.
We live by the motto ‘Foresight is better than hindsight’ and we’re looking ahead and thinking ahead to keep our customers and their businesses – a step ahead.
What you will be doing
- Conduct Virtual Risk Assessments with small businesses using new technology through client’s phones to take photos, record the assessment and provide a short report (complete defined iAuditor questions) with risk recommendations.
- Create and maintain industry-specific risk management checklists. These checklists are provided to clients to be completed with the aim of mitigating risks on a required cadence (daily, weekly, monthly, annually).
- Be the frontline for customer support when it comes to risk mitigation and management.
- Work closely with insurance underwriter’s, product managers and founders to define and evolve risk mitigation strategies to go a step ahead of the standard.
- Curate and create content for risk mitigation, safe working and other related topics that are industry-specific
What you bring
An appreciation of the entire risk mitigation journey from a customer and business perspective, from understanding customer pain points and knowledge gaps and initial assessments, through to detailed reporting, action plans, training, compliance and certifications.
Motivated self-starter who can deeply collaborate with other disciplines including underwriters, product management, data and analytics and third-party vendors/partners.
Strong communication skills to help people across the company understand the rationale behind your safety proposals as well as bring the customer along the journey.
- Degree, Certificate or Accreditation in Safety and or Risk Management
- Experience and or understanding in completing risk assessments, preferably insurance surveys and completing reporting with risk recommendations.
- Previous experience with one of the following industries: Construction, Manufacturing, Retail or Hospitality.
- Experience writing copy for a diverse range of consumers and industries about risk mitigation practices.
- Familiarity with environment, health and safety systems or similar.
What we Bring
You will do meaningful work at a product-driven company that's driving real change in the industry.
Work in a team with Underwriters, a Product Manager, Engineers, and also work directly with research and analytics. Together we own a part of Mitti, find solutions to challenging problems, get feedback directly from customers and iterate again (yes, we make time to iterate and evolve our offerings).
We genuinely care about our people and value kindness in our everyday interactions. You'll be able to be yourself, feel valued, supported, learn and grow no matter how experienced you are.
We embrace open communication and to be challenged. We appreciate positivity and vigilance and strive for autonomy, trust, and personal and professional growth.
We appreciate hard-working people who want to grow and learn as part of a team.
We hold each other accountable and work to a high standard. We take pride in the frequent, safe and graceful delivery of innovative and valuable features.
Benefits we offer
- Competitive salary including equity options
- Opportunity to work with leading developers in one of the fastest-growing tech companies.
- Professional education leave & allowance benefits for use on courses, conferences, workshops, books etc.
- Sponsored team events every quarter.
- Flexible hours, we value life outside of work.
- Option to be Partial or Fully Remote
- Office space in a leading tech company with lunch supplied and end of trip facilities.
If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Please email your resume and contact details to email@example.com
Subscribe to receive exclusive offers in your inbox
Mitti Insurance Pty Ltd (Mitti) (ABN 56 640 574 385, AR 001282637) is an Authorised Representative of QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited (QBE) (ABN 78 003 191 035 AFSL 239545).
Mitti Insurance Pty Ltd is a related entity of QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited.