Mid-Senior fullstack engineer
Mitti Insurance is a joint venture between SafetyCulture and QBE Insurance. This joint venture brings more value to the customer than a traditional insurer-customer relationship as it aims to improve the quality of their risk management and aligning the use of the SafetyCulture products to insurance needs.
It pays to be a step ahead. Astronaut Chris Hadfield once said, “No astronaut ever goes into space with their fingers crossed.”
Well, we share the same philosophy for those going into business. Always be prepared for whatever is coming your way. Our customers have worked hard to let one unfortunate mistake bring their business down.
So, we’ll work just as hard (and smart) to help mitigate risks for our customers. But we don’t stop there. If something should happen, we’ll be there to deal with the claim quickly.
Our customers don’t want to trust their pride and joy to someone who doesn’t care.
We live by the motto ‘Foresight is better than hindsight’ and we’re looking ahead and thinking ahead to keep our customers and their businesses – a step ahead.
What you will be doing
- Refine, design, and deliver product requirements
- Work with a cross-functional team in an agile methodology
- Participate in roadmap, release, and sprint planning
- Write clean, well-organised code while making appropriate trade-offs between performance, robustness, extensibility
- Collaborate with Product Managers in the execution of our Research, Design, Delivery and Evaluation framework.
- Provide guidance and training to all engineers
- Collaborate with the team to establish and implement coding standards and best practice
- Participating in design and code reviews
- Help to identify and communicate standard practices and methodologies for frontend and backend engineering
- Collaborate with partner engineering teams (SafetyCulture and QBE)
- Anticipate upcoming technical challenges, work across the engineering team to proactively address, mitigate or resolve these
What you bring
- You believe data is the most powerful tool for informed decision-making.
- Have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Quality is important to you and you know what it means to ship high-quality code.
- Strong collaborator that prioritises building trusting relationships with key stakeholders
- Have a strong reputation for accountability and reliability
- Able to easily switch between strategic and tactical thinking
- Comfortable in a fluid environment with a high tolerance for ambiguity and change
- Solid experience as a Software Engineer/Developer
- At least 2-3 years experience using Node.js
- Cloud experience ideally in AWS
- Strong experience using the latest technologies like React.js, Typescript, GraphQL etc
- Experience working in agile teams
- Understanding code testability, build pipelines, docker and CI/CD systems
- Web services and APIs (GraphQL, REST)
- Cross-browser and cross-device development
- Experience with responsive UIs
- Experience working in an agile team (Scrum or Kanban)
- Experience writing automated tests
- A desire to continually master your craft
- Experience with XP techniques, such as pair programming or TDD
- Experience working with project management tools such as Jira
What we bring
We embrace open communication and challenge. We appreciate positivity and vigilance and strive for autonomy, trust, and personal and professional growth.
We appreciate hard-working people who want to grow and learn as part of a team.
We hold each other accountable and work to a high standard. We take pride in the frequent, safe and graceful delivery of innovative and valuable features.
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive Salary, Equity options
- Opportunity to work with leading developers in one of the fastest-growing tech companies.
- Professional education leave & allowance benefits for use on courses, conferences, workshops, books etc.
- Sponsored team events
- Flexible hours, we value life outside of work.
- Option to be Partial or Fully Remote
- Office space in a leading tech company with lunch supplied and end of trip facilities.
Subscribe to receive exclusive offers in your inbox
Mitti Insurance Pty Ltd (Mitti) (ABN 56 640 574 385, AFSL 528433)
Mitti Insurance Pty Ltd is a related entity of QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited.